ADVERTISEMENT

WARM & DRY...BUT CHANGES AHEAD?

The next four days look fantastic! In fact, Friday and Saturday will be warm with highs inland approaching the low 80s. Although morning fog will loom, I'm not expecting any rain.

You can see on the image to the left that a massive high pressure ridge hovers over most of the western United States.

However, this pattern slightly erodes by next week (seen on the image below). Consequently, temperatures will drop by five to ten degrees for next workweek. SoCal will continue to stay dry with some showers in NorCal by the end of the week.
 
 

We could see some major changes for the first week of December. I've been watching this for the past few days because it could have an impact on my winter outlook. If an impressive low pressure system moves in (depicted in the image below), then I might increase my winter precipitation amounts. However, if the ECMWF ensemble busts this forecast, then I might lean towards a dry forecast.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

FORECAST

HOURLY TEMPERATURE FORECAST

COAST INLAND

BLOG ARCHIVE