A storm system is currently swirling off the coast of the Baja (image below). This system should drift far enough north to give us a chance for rain.
An isolated shower could pop up Wednesday afternoon, however, a better chance for a couple showers will arrive Wednesday night into early Thursday. The rain chance diminishes by late Thursday evening.
Another more impressive system is brewing in the Gulf Of Alaska. This will race into the area Friday into Saturday. Showers and isolated downpours will overspread Southern California Friday evening into Saturday morning. This is a potent storm system, so I can't rule out isolated thunderstorms as well.
Snow levels will range from 9,000 to 11,000 feet Friday night. They will gradually drop through the day on Saturday: 6,000-8,000 in the morning, then 4,000-5,000 in the afternoon and evening. It looks like the higher elevations might wake up to a white Christmas!
I'll bring more updates in the coming days.
- ► 2017 (35)
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: FRIDAY 12-30-2016 TO SATURD...
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED THURSDAY 12-29...
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED MONDAY 12-26-2...
- SNOW IN SAN DIEGO MOUNTAINS!
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: FRIDAY 12-23-2016 TO SATURD...
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: 7 PM FRIDAY 12-23-2016
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: 1 PM THURSDAY 12-22-2016...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: WEDNESDAY 12-21-2016 TO THU...
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: WEDNESDAY 12-21-2016
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED TUESDAY 12-20-...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: FRIDAY 12-16-2016
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED WEDNESDAY 12-1...
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED SUNDAY 12-11-2...
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2015 (118)
- ► 2014 (38)