Tropical Storm Newton is currently churning off the Mexican west coast. It's moving northwest at 15 mph towards Cabo San Lucas. Latest data has the system briefly strengthening to a Category 1 Hurricane. Once it hits landfall, it will weaken to a Tropical Storm, though it will still have some major rain potential.
The computer data has been generally consistent with the path of this system. If anything, they have trended more to the east. This means that the rain chances in Southern California have significantly dropped. In fact, pending any major shifts in the track, we will stay dry.
As always, you can get up-to-date emergency information at the National Hurricane Center:
- ► 2017 (35)
- SAN DIEGO HIGH TEMPERATURES: MONDAY 9-26-2016
- SAN DIEGO HIGH TEMPERATURES: SUNDAY 9-25-2016
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: THURSDAY 9-22-2016
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: WEDNESDAY 9-21-2016
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: TUESDAY 9-20-2016
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED 9 PM MONDAY 9-...
- SAIN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: MONDAY 9-19-2016
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED SUNDAY 9-18-20...
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED MONDAY 9-5-201...
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED SATURDAY 9-3-2...
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2015 (118)
- ► 2014 (38)