The next storm system is quickly headed our way. An isolated shower will be possible this evening from 5 PM to 8 PM (30%), then rain is likely overnight (100%). It looks like most of the rain will exit the region by early Monday morning, so the commute should be mostly fine.
Snow levels could dip down to 3,000-4,000 feet. The highest elevations could get a quick light accumulation of wet snow. Also expect very windy conditions in the mountains over the next 36 hours.
I'm more interested in the next storm system headed our way. It signifies a change in our weather pattern. It might be a sign that El Nino will finally have an influence on the storm track.
Over the past couple months, systems have been diving out of the Gulf Of Alaska and into our area. These type of storms will bring a quick burst of rainfall. Tonight's system is taking this track (shown below).
However, this following system, which will show up around next weekend, will deepen west of us in the Pacific. It will then track eastward into our area (shown below). This could potentially give us a longer period of rain.
This is still far into the future, so a lot can change (timing, track, strength). I'll continue to watch it and bring more updates.
- ► 2017 (31)
- ► 2016 (91)
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED WED 12/30/2015...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: MONDAY 12-28-2015
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED MONDAY 12/28/2...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: FRIDAY 12/25/2015
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED WEDNESDAY 12/2...
- RAIN TOTALS SAN DIEGO: TUESDAY 12/22/2015 TO WEDNE...
- WEATHER UPDATE: 8 PM TUESDAY 12/22/2015
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED MONDAY 12/21/2...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: SATURDAY 12/19/2015
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED 8 PM WED 12/16...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: SUNDAY 12/13/2015
- SAN DIEGO HIGHEST WIND GUSTS: SUN 12/13 TO MON 12/...
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED 10 AM SUN 12/1...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: FRIDAY 12/11/2015
- WEATHER UPDATE: 2 PM FRIDAY 12/11/2015
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED TUE 12/8/2015
- ▼ December (16)
- ► 2014 (38)