A powerful cold front will pass the area tonight and bring a brief chance of rain to San Diego. As I talked about in my previous blog past, the brunt of this system will miss us to the east. In addition, there is very limited moisture. Regardless, there will be *just* enough instability in the atmosphere to support convection.
Bottom line: there is a chance for showers and/or isolated downpours from 9 PM tonight to 6 AM tomorrow.
Another shot of cold air arrives Tuesday 12/30. This will keep high temperatures in 60s and lows in the 40s for the next several days.
I'm still keeping an eye on a potential pattern shift around 1/4 to 1/8. It could bring milder temperatures, though rain chances are uncertain at this time.
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (118)
- SAN DIEGO RAIN & SNOW TOTALS: WEDNESDAY 12/31/2014...
- PHOTOS OF SNOW: MOUNT LAGUNA WEDNESDAY 12/31/2014
- WEATHER UPDATE: 8 PM MONDAY 12/29/2014
- SAN DIEGO NEXT RAIN CHANCE: UPDATED FRI 12/26/2014...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: THU 12/25/2014
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: 1:00 PM WED 12/24/2014
- WEATHER UPDATE: 2:30 PM SAT 12/20/2014
- WEATHER UPDATE: 8:00 PM WED 12/17/2014
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: TUE 12-16-2014 TO WED 12-17...
- WEATHER UPDATE: 6 AM WED 12/17/2014
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: MON 8:00 PM 12/15/2014
- SAN DIEGO NEXT RAIN CHANCE: UPDATED SUN 11 AM 12/1...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS & STORM RECAP: THU 12/11/14 ...
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: SATURDAY 7:30 AM 12/13/2...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: THURSDAY 12/11/14 TO FRIDAY...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: WED 12/3/2014 TO FRIDAY 12/...
- ▼ December (16)