Clouds will eventually clear out Sunday and we will see warmer conditions for the start of the shortened workweek. You can spot the warm anomaly on the map below.
I had initially thought we would see a blast of cold air around Christmas. Although temperatures will dramatically drop for the end of next week, the core of the coldest air will miss us to the east, which you can spot on the map below.
Afterwards, the forecast becomes tricky. A blocking ridge develops in the Gulf of Alaska. The placement of this ridge will determine if we will see rain or not. If it is far enough north, then we could see a system sneak underneath. However, those chances are looking slim. More than likely it will remain mostly dry in San Diego and Southern California for the next couple weeks. I'll keep you posted.
- ► 2017 (31)
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (118)
- SAN DIEGO RAIN & SNOW TOTALS: WEDNESDAY 12/31/2014...
- PHOTOS OF SNOW: MOUNT LAGUNA WEDNESDAY 12/31/2014
- WEATHER UPDATE: 8 PM MONDAY 12/29/2014
- SAN DIEGO NEXT RAIN CHANCE: UPDATED FRI 12/26/2014...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: THU 12/25/2014
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: 1:00 PM WED 12/24/2014
- WEATHER UPDATE: 2:30 PM SAT 12/20/2014
- WEATHER UPDATE: 8:00 PM WED 12/17/2014
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: TUE 12-16-2014 TO WED 12-17...
- WEATHER UPDATE: 6 AM WED 12/17/2014
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: MON 8:00 PM 12/15/2014
- SAN DIEGO NEXT RAIN CHANCE: UPDATED SUN 11 AM 12/1...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS & STORM RECAP: THU 12/11/14 ...
- SAN DIEGO WEATHER UPDATE: SATURDAY 7:30 AM 12/13/2...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: THURSDAY 12/11/14 TO FRIDAY...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS: WED 12/3/2014 TO FRIDAY 12/...
- ▼ December (16)