The active weather pattern continues for most of the most of the Midwest and East Coast. I'm expecting quiet conditions and a big warm up here in San Diego for the next several days as a big ridge develops in the upper atmosphere. You can spot the anomaly in the image below. Also notice the stormy/cold pattern farther East.
This pattern will break down by the end of the month. You can see it in the image below. The West Coast will become cool/stormy while the eastern half of the U.S. will see a warm up.
During this pattern change, we should see an increased chance for rain along the West Coast. Right now it's unclear how this will impact San Diego. Typically the heaviest rains stay north of our area. More than likely this will happen, however, it all depends on the track of the storm. Regardless, it's definitely worth watching. Given the current data, it appears that the rain will approach the area around the 11/30 to 12/3 time frame.
Unfortunately I will be out of town during that time, so I won't be able to provide further updates. I'll start posting again by mid December.
- ► 2017 (31)
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (118)
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED MON 11/24/2014...
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE SAN DIEGO: UPDATED SATURDAY 11/22...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS 11/21/2014
- WEATHER UPDATE: THURSDAY 11/13
- NEXT RAIN CHANCE FOR SAN DIEGO: UPDATED SUNDAY 11/...
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS 11-2-2014
- SAN DIEGO RAIN TOTALS 10-31-2014 TO 11-1-2014
- ▼ November (7)