ECMWF did an excellent job with the track of this storm. It showed hints of this storm eight days before it happened! I based my forecast on this model and did not waiver when the other models flip-flopped.
Within 48 hours, NAM generally did a good job with snow accumulations, though it was too ambitious with snow-to-liquid ratios (as expected). In addition, it was too far north in the early runs (as expected). RPM also did well within 36 hours. GFS was the worst.
I have to admit, there was definitely some luck mixed in with skill while making this forecast. I'm glad it panned out!
Here are the snow totals:
- ► 2017 (35)
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (118)
- ► 2014 (38)
- STORMY MONDAY FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- CALIFORNIA WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR THE REST OF FEBRUAR...
- LAST UPDATE MID-ATLANTIC SNOW - SUNDAY MORNING
- UPDATE ON MID-ATLANTIC SNOW - SATURDAY NIGHT
- WEATHER UPDATE ON MID-ATLANTIC SNOW - SATURDAY AFT...
- WEATHER UPDATE ON MID-ATLANTIC SNOW - FRIDAY NIGHT...
- WEATHER UPDATE ON MID-ATLANTIC SNOW - FRIDAY AFTER...
- MID-ATLANTIC SNOW - THURSDAY NIGHT UPDATE
- MID-ATLANTIC SNOW THURSDAY UPDATE
- SAN DIEGO COUNTY RAIN TOTALS FROM WEDNESDAY 2/15/2...
- UPDATE ON MID-ATLANTIC SNOW
- STORM EXPECTED TO GO COAST-TO-COAST
- RAIN TOTALS FROM MONDAY, 2/13/2012
- San Diego & Southern California Outlook - February...
- RAIN FORECAST FOR SAN DIEGO COUNTY
- ▼ February (16)