We are going to see a blocking pattern develop in the jet stream for the first half of February. This will deflect storm systems away from the West Coast. In other words, San Diego and most of California will stay dry and mild.
You can spot the Omega-shaped ridge on the first map below. The second map shows this pattern eroding by Friday, February 10, but I remain skeptical. Once a pattern like this develops, it takes a long time for it to break down. Regardless, we could see rain return by mid to late February.
Lastly, with such a calm pattern, foggy nights/mornings will return to the coast.
- ► 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (118)
- ► 2014 (38)
- Early February Outlook For San Diego & Southern Ca...
- Extended Outlook For Southern California - Thursda...
- Update On Possible Mid-Atlantic Snow
- First Real Snow For Mid-Atlantic?
- Rain Outlook For California Today Through Saturday...
- Late January Outlook: Southern California, Pacific...
- Mid January Outlook for Southern California
- ▼ January (7)